Grants to Replace Aging Diesel Engines (GRADE)
In 2007, Mecklenburg County Air Quality initiated an air pollution control program called Grants to Replace Aging Diesel Engines or GRADE. GRADE is designed to reduce oxides of nitrogen (NOx), an ozone forming air pollutant, by providing businesses and organizations funding incentives to replace or repower heavy-duty non-road equipment with newer, cleaner, less polluting engines. Since 2007, GRADE has funded 283 projects and awarded $5.13 million. These projects have reduced 432 tons of ozone-forming NOx in the Charlotte region.
$500,000 is now available in reimbursements! This round of funding is specifically for publicaly and privately owned facilities that accept solid waste like:
- municipal solid waste
- construction and demolition debris
- land clearing and inert debris
- yard waste
Due Date: June 30, 2015
Eligible Projects: Equipment replacement or Equipment repower
Evaluation Based on:
- Amount of nitrogen oxido pollution reduced
- Cost per pound of nitrogen oxide pollution reduced
- Amount of time spent in eligible region
- Equipment Replacement- Up to 25% of cost
- Equipment Repower- Up to 40% of cost
For more information, click HERE.
Please be in touch with CCFC staff:
- Jason Wager 704.348.2707 jwager [at] centralina [dot] org;
- Jessica Hill 704.3474710 jhill [at] centralina [dot] org;
- Erika Ruane 704.688.6508 eruane [at] centralina [dot] org
if you have ideas related to this opportunity for projects in the Greater Charlotte Region.