Art Contest Now Open!
Announcing the 2019 “Keep Our Air Clean” Student Art Contest
North Carolina students from kindergarten through college can submit their artwork for a chance to be featured on billboards across the state
The 2nd Annual "Keep Our Air Clean" Student Art Contest has begun! NC students from kindergarten to college are encouraged to participant by submitting artwork that reflects actions that individuals and families can take to reduce air pollution from vehicles.
Requirements for artwork: must be family friendly and non-partisan. Some examples include walking, biking, using public transit, using biofuels, etc. More ideas and information about examples can be found at www.4cleanfuels.org; cleantransportation.org; or FuelWhatMatters.org.
Winning submissions will be based on relevance and appropriateness of the message; visual design; and public votes on NCCETC's Facebook account.
Submissions will be accepted through Sunday, April 28th. Please submit (if artists are over 18 or parents are submitting on behalf of their child) by emailing Heather Brutz at hmbrutz [at] ncsu [dot] edu. Teachers must return a signed permission slip with artwork submissions.
More information about the contest here: https://nccleantech.ncsu.edu/2019/03/13/submit-your-artwork-for-the-2019-keep-our-air-clean-student-art-contest/
By submitting this photograph, image, graphic, or video (collectively the “work”) you hereby agree to the following:
• You certify and warrant that you are the legal guardian of the minor who is submitting the artwork or are the artist and are legally an adult.
• You certify and warrant that the work is your work or your child’s own original creative work and does not violate or infringe the copyright or other proprietary or intellectual property rights of others.
• You retain all copyright and equivalent rights but grant permission for NC State to use, reproduce, distribute, and/or release the work to the public in any manner and in any medium without payment of any fee, and in perpetuity.
• North Carolina State University reserves the right to use contestants' names and works for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes, including website or exhibition of winning entries. You understand that the works will be shared with reporters covering these awards and for promotion of the competition itself. You hereby give North Carolina State University nonexclusive rights to use yours or your child’s name, likenesses, quotes and submissions for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes. This includes but is not limited to website display, print materials and exhibits.
• You hereby agree to indemnify NC State, its trustees, officers, agents, and employees, from any and all claims, demands, and liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) incurred as a result of a final judgment or settlement or any claim or legal proceeding arising out of or resulting from a breach or claimed breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.