NC VW Settlement Application Workshop-Greater Charlotte Region
With the announcement of this VW funding for vehicle and fast charging projects in North Carolina, technical workshops are also being offered. The workshops are targeted for organizations that intend to apply for funding under the Volkswagen Mitigation plan and associated RFPs. To ensure productive workshops, we recommend that the person attending have a general understanding of the VW Settlement and, when possible, be the person who will be filling out and submitting the VW grant application. You are encouraged to review the RFP and all advance documents prior to attending a workshop.
Under the Diesel and Bus Workshop from 9-12pm:
- $24.5 million will be available
- 40% will be allocated for school bus replacement
- Projects can be submitted by local, state and tribal governments, public or nonprofit organizations or eligible public-private partnerships
Under the DC Fast Charge workshop from 1-4pm:
- $3.4 million will be available for the installation of Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Charging Infrastructure
- Projects in designated corridors will receive priority to expand the state’s charging infrastructure network
- Projects can be submitted by eligible businesses, incorporated nonprofits, and state, local, tribal or municipal government agencies
Since seating is limited, please request a spot in the workshop you plan to attend here: https://deq.nc.gov/about/divisions/air-quality/motor-vehicles-and-air-quality/volkswagen-settlement/application. Each attendee must fill out a request form.
Participants will receive an email confirming registration prior to the workshop. DAQ will consider setting up additional workshops if necessary. Applications are now available with a submission deadline of September 30, 2019.
- Learn how to use the Application Software following a step-by-step demonstration
- Learn how to use the Diesel Emissions Quantifier Software (Diesel Applicants only)
- Receive examples of simulated applications and projects
- Walk through the application/project scoring system
- Ask questions of experts in the room
- Submit the application in a timely fashion