Core Stakeholder Meeting & Fleet Workshop: 9:30-11:30
Centralina offices are now officially moved to David Taylor Drive, thus the delay in getting this update out to you! Thank you to all who attended the Centralina Clean Fuels Coalition Core Stakeholders Group meeting at CMS Operations Offices on Friday, January 20th. Whether you attended or were not able to make it this time, here’s a recap of what was presented, topics referenced, and links to handouts. Mark your calendar now for our next Core Stakeholder meeting, scheduled for the morning of March 15th, 2017.
- Thanks to Bryan Steiner of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for hosting us at the CMS Operations Offices and to Amy Dobrikova of Intelligent Fleet Solutions for sponsoring our meeting/networking refreshments.
- VW Settlement Funding: CCFC inclusion in the EVOLVE project’s Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure and awareness proposal submission to Electrify America.
- Energy Independence Summit 2017 will be held from February 12-15th. CCFC offered a travel scholarship to stakeholders for the three-day summit until January 25th. Chris Facente of UNC-Charlotte will be travelling with CCFC staff to Washington DC for this policy event.
- Jessica Hill shared the Freight Mobility Plan. CCOG plans on leading two recommendations related to Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Traffic Incident Management (TIM). Both topics address efficiency and safety, and CCOG will form two “Champion Groups” to develop improvements to ITS and TIM systems in the region. If you know of any individuals or organizations that should serve on either of these groups between now and June 2017, have them contact Jessica Hill jhill [at] centralina [dot] org immediately.
- Amy Dobrikova presented how solution fleets are used to reduce fuel, costs, and risk.
- Intelligent Fleet Demo & CMS Propane Vehicle/Fueling Tour involved viewing the propane station at CMS Operations and experiencing Derive technology that fleets can use to be more efficient.
- Forecast of 2017 Stakeholder Meeting/Event Schedule
- Reminder of Annual Reporting data needed from stakeholders for submittal to DOE by 3/15/17. Stay tuned!
Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Jason Wager shared the final version of the 2017 AOP. Stakeholders should feel free to use this as a reference regarding current regional market trends and identifying ways to best be engaged via events, grants, and other stakeholders in 2017.
Don’t hesitate to be in touch with any questions or to request additional information.