Core Stakeholder Meeting!
Thank you to all who were able to make it out to the Core Stakeholder Meeting on September 18th from 8:30am-10am at Mecklenburg County Air Quality's building. Below is a recap of topics discussed and presentations or more information.
Key Updates (agenda)
Brief Duke Energy Updates from Lisa Poger, (presentation here)
- Duke Energy is currently waiting on the Utilities Commission to make a ruling on the filed pilot which will likely occur after the ORS rules on the South Carolina filing. They expect a ruling on SC any day now.
- For NC they are collecting contact information from interested parties for the various program components, but will not open the official application process until the program is approved.
VW Settlement Discussion
- Did you or a fleet you know apply for VW funding?
- What challenges did you encounter?
- Are you planning on applying for future rounds of funding?
- Seems as though fleets are focused mostly on the bus replacement and assorted heavy-duty equipment replacement for applications.
Jason Wager then briefly touched on regional updates:
- National Drive Electric Week-September 18th (Review available here)
- CAV Taskforce Meeting-September 20th
- National Conference of State Fleet Administrators-September 23-26th
- Southeastern Diesel Collaborative Annual Conference-September 24-26th
- Clean Transportation Demo Day-October 8th (flyer here)
- UNCC Transportation Fair – October 15th (Information here)
- UNCC EPIC Update-coming up on community engagement phase where a partner for deployment is identified
- The Regional Transit RFQ has gone out and interviews are being held for firms this week
- CCFC is a sub-awardee on the E4 Carolinas Resiliency Grant based around storm resiliency in the Carolinas
- Next Stakeholder Meeting 11/13/2019, location to follow
Thanks to all those who attended, and for those who couldn't make it, we hope to see you at the next meeting! Be in touch if you have meeting topic ideas or questions! Contact Carina at csoriano [at] centralina [dot] org.